1. The “Social license-to-operate” has been presented as the risk #1 for miners. Is this true for Kazakhstan?
To some extent
I don’t know
2. What is the main challenge of doing exploration in remote geographic areas in Central Asia?
Lack of infrastructure (roads, communications, energy supply
Lack of skilled labour
Lack of equipment
3. Over 30% of EY annual survey respondents said that technology companies have a significant potential to disrupt the mining sector. Do you agree with that?
Other non-technological factors are more critical
4. The “New World Commodities” has been moved globally to #10 position in comparison with #4 in 2018. Does this influence your business?
5. The EY research showed that the capital allocation to finance digital initiatives in majority of cases differs from 0% to 5%. What is the situation in your business?
Our business does not invest in digital transformation
6. The “Disruption” is named as one of top 10 risks for miners. What are disrupting factors you consider the most significant for the Kazakhstani mining sector?
Customer or client disruption